Starts 8/31 ends 9/7

And so it begins

New Year's resolutions are never easy. We all know that most are broken before the end of January. I'm hoping this year will be different.

A little less than two years ago I started running. It was quicker than walking, burned just as many calories, and was easier to work into balancing my two full time jobs: teaching and being a mommy of three kiddos.

Well, since I ran my first marathon two months ago, I've been lagging. Blaming it on the colder weather, work demands, lack of time.... I need to stop this cycle before it becomes a habit.

Since I began my journey as a runner, I've contemplated blogging about it. Once in awhile I write about my running on the mommy blog I started seven years ago, but those posts always seem ill-placed. Www.dillavounews.blogspot.com has become more of an online scrapbook, a photo journal for my family, which I absolutely love and am so happy I've managed to keep up-to-date. However, I need a new place to write about running and mommyhood. One that isn't plastered with pictures of my kids making snowmen or eating spaghetti.

Well I've decided to take the plunge.

More on those New Year's resolutions will come real soon.

Comments

Popular Posts