Starts 8/31 ends 9/7

May 2015 Miles in 2015 Update


Well folks we are nearly half way through the 2015 Miles in 2015 Challenge. Our team of three dedicated women has one month until we officially hit 6 months in. I'd say we are doing pretty good too!

Earlier this week I posted an update from team member Brandi Jones where she let us all know how her running in this challenge has been going this year. She discussed PiYo, race volunteering and just overall gave some really inspirational words of wisdom. If you haven't checked it, be sure to give it a click.

Team member Kate is getting married this month so we are giving her a pass at not reaching her goal in May. She has been busy, busy, busy planning her upcoming nuptials. She has promised to get back on track when the month of June is over, and we will hold her to that challenge- she does have a few miles to make up! She has been racking up some pretty impressive miles still and with her constantly traveling for work she often gets to log her miles at the coolest of places.

A photo Kate took while walking in Denver, CO in May.

I had another slight injury setback, as my avid blog readers know, and had to take about a week off this month to heal from bursitis and tendinitis in my rotator cuff. Luckily I was on track to surpass my 60 mile target for May, so I still met my goal by reaching 69.7 miles. I received the all clear from my doctor this week to start running again. I will start physical therapy on my shoulder soon, but should still be able to run as long as I am not in pain. My big running goal in October of two half marathons in one weekend will require that I start training near the end of July, so I am hoping for an injury free stretch during the next four months.

I've spoken with Brandi and Kate and they have some article ideas so hopefully over the next few months you will get to read more about their experiences not only with this challenge, but living healthy and inspiring others. 

Comments

Popular Posts