Starts 8/31 ends 9/7

When Downhill Running Isn't Good

I figure that it's about time for a running update. The last several posts on my blog this year have focused on nutrition and parenting, so now onto my running...

Oh, running. I love you. I hate you. I love you. I hate you. You make me feel great! You make me tired. And sore. You make me feel excited to do, but guilty to skip. Talk about blended emotions...

Last fall after I ran my last race, the IMT DMM half, I noticed that my urge to run went down hill a little. As a runner, down hill sounds great right?! Well not if "down hill"describes the running rut you are in.

To help overcome this I signed up to run 2017 miles in 2017 with a team of four ladies. January was weak. February was better! March has been weak. It is time to get my butt out of bed and get my miles in!

Last week I was invited to blog for the IMT DMM again and can I say how excited I am? More motivation to get out there and get running is exactly what I need these days. I also tentatively committed to running the IMT DMM full- am I crazy?!?! Probably. But getting out there and hitting the pavement only two times per week this winter is really starting to make me sad.

I just don't feel like myself when I don't run.

So here's to getting on a more regular running schedule as the spring weather warms up! I'll keep you posted!

During a short 3.2 mile run last week.


Comments

Popular Posts