Starts 8/31 ends 9/7

What I Am Going To Miss Most About This Summer

10. Make-up-free-wear-my-comfy-clothes-all-day-shower-in-the-afternoon-kind-of-days. Need I say more?
9. The funny things my kids say on the daily, like, "Do bugs poop?" or "Why do moms have boobs?" or "If I drink all the water in this hose will I explode?" It is really very comical and I will completely miss answering every one of their adorable, and sometimes pretty legit, questions.
8. My gorgeous summer tan FOR FREE.
7. Waking up to my 4-year-old having wet the bed since he sleeps in until 9 AM (okay I won't miss this one). The kids needs to get up at a normal time- his bladder just can't hold it in for 13 hours! But I will miss that he gets to sleep in.
6. Speaking of sleeping in, I will miss that too. Getting up at 6 AM to teach 8 AM classes is not something I am looking forward to when classes start up again this fall.
5. Morning snuggles. Actually snuggles in general. Getting snuggles all day long, whenever I want them. I can just sit by one of kids on the couch, hug them and we are immediately available to each other. When school starts, that won't happen anymore.
4. Running at 8 AM instead of 4:45 AM. Ya, that one is going to be rough.
3. Having time to plan meals, go grocery shopping, and run errands during the day, during the week. I despise doing these things on the weekends.
2. The pool. Such a nice way to spend time with the kids. Sometimes it is stressful when they fight and argue with me and each other, but in general, isn't it great to go the pool in the summer?
1. My kids. They are getting too old. Too fast. Too big. Too smart. Too independent. Too strong. Too bold. Too brave. Too funny. Too witty. Too silly. Too wonderful and I am going to miss not seeing each and every one of these things, and others, every single day. I get so envious that their teachers get to see these moments when school starts back up and we go our separate ways for another 9 months. Next summer they will all be a whole year older. Sigh. I will definitely miss my kids the most.

My three crazy kiddos this summer.


Comments

Popular Posts